Home > Heating Engineer

Heating Engineer

A heating engineer is needed for your home when you decide to install a burner or your central heating needs attention.

Using a heating engineer

Wood burner

Installing a wood burning stove into your home is a great way adding character to your property – who doesn’t love the idea of watching logs burn on a chilly winter’s night? It’s also a much more even distribution of warmth than central heating, and potentially much more cost effective.

Boiler replacement

Replacing a boiler (with the same specification you already have) should take around one day.

Also heating engineers will recommend power flushing the system when fitting a new boiler. This is likely to take an additional day.

Thermostatic radiator valves (TRVs)

These are a great way to control your heating to tempertures per room, but it's a false economy to use cheap TRVs. Check that your heating engineer is supplying good quality products (expect to pay around £10-£15 per TRV).

If your system needs draining and refilling this may add to the time and the cost.

Replacement the fan for a combi boiler

This will usually involve two visits. The first to diagnose the problem and a second to return with correct part and fit.

Heating engineers for gas

Top tips for gas safety

Use a registered engineer

Ideally use a engineer who is registered wth credible associations.

Gas heating engineers

Some of the repair areas you will need to consider using a gas heating engineer:

  • gas boiler
  • gas fire, gas cooker or hob
  • central heating system, radiators or your hot water system, if they are connected to either a Natural Gas or LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) supply

Heating Servicing

Get your appliances regularly serviced and safety checked every year, or in accordance with your manufacturer's guidelines, by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

Carbon monoxide testing

Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm.  An alarm will alert you to the presence of the poisonous gas carbon monoxide, produced by unsafe gas appliances.  Make sure you know the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

If you think there might be a gas leak or notice any signs of carbon monoxide, act fast and get a heating engineer fast!

Heating engineer certification

Finally when using a heating engineer, check they are member of CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering)

Each individual member has to abide by a six point Code of Professional Standards which helps to uphold high standards to protect public health and safety.  To further protect the public, the CIPHE has a complaints procedure, which is overseen by the Registration Authority.


Priceatrade.com - love your home™



Spread the word

Discover Priceatrade.com's social media channels and join in.

What homeowners say